Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

another blog update in under an 10 minutes

today is a travel day. this week is technical week. the whole group of us Community Environmental Conservationers (all 21 [one dropped out but that's a story in an of itself]) are going to another volunteer's community and staying there for a week. we will all be with host families and then during the day doing volunteer stuff. three of the six days we will be in a school and the other days we will be doing physical stuff. i know what those precamp people are thinking, "Madye's doing physical labor?" well you silly people, i can and i have. i helped make a garden yesterday. I did not participate in the machete group, my spastic side would show a little too much, but i like to believe that i am a pro with the pick axe. Oh and we did do composting (daddy we've been doing it really wrong. you should buy a book and have georgia read it and tell you how to compost). on another note, in less than 2 weeks we will be getting our site where we will be living for the next 2 years! SOOexcited. And I moved up 2 levels in spanish in a month!! I am officially able to tell my host family how i feel!!! Anyway my time it up in the internet cafe. Love and hugs

4 comments:

  1. The Miller family misses you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "spastic side" you do not have one of those! Ahh I miss you and your spastic side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you learned how to compost!! :D Congrats on moving up in the Spanish-speaking world, now you can teach me a thing or two!

    Keep the updates coming, they're so awesome :)
    <3 Copepod

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Madye!!
    It's so good to hear from you and about all of your experiences. Do you know what your new address will be? If so, I would love to get it from you (and just maybe I have something to send you). Good luck, have fun and stay safe!
    Carlie

    ReplyDelete