Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Panama excitement

Hey Guys! I am here in an internet cafe in La Chorrera. It is a Spanish keyboard and it is a little difficult so perdon my English. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE EMAILS!!!!! I actually get international 3g on my kindle but I cannot respond very well with the keyboard. It is sort of like texting. ANYWAY!!!!!! Sami G, your email made me so happy! And Wassy, it was like reading your blog but better. Mommy, thank you for the daily updates I LOVE IT!!!! ALSO! I receive email so you do not need to do the kindle thing. You can email me at MadyeB AT gmail.com  They do not have the at sign on this keyboard or an apostrophe (or however you spell it). Anyway I LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!! 
With the exception of the blistering heat and humidity, it is great here. I am currently living with my host family. It is my mom, dad and two younger brothers who are 8 and 15. I love my family. They are so patient with my incredibly poor spanish and never give up when I dont understand something.
A little overview of my days here, I wake up with the chickens, which is about 5 in the morning but I try to go back to sleep if it isn too hot. I have language class at 8 am until noon. I have the best spanish teacher. The class is completely in spanish which is very difficult but in my opinion, the best way to learn. All language classes should be that way. ANYWAY I have lunch from noon until 1 and at 1pm I have technical class until 3. Most of it is how to work in a school, with kids and learning about the environment. I like to say that although some people are a few steps ahead of me in spanish, I am good with the tech. class. From 3 to 5 is language tutoring for those "special" language people like me! My level is Novice Medium but I feel like I can communicate really well. After classes I walk home and chat with my friends or "pasear"/visit friends. Afterwards I go home to eat dinner with my family, socialize with them (My little brother LOVES Phines y Ferb). Then at around 930 I start getting ready for bed, read a little bit and pass out.
Next weekend we are going to visit another volunteer. Like take public transport by ourselves and everything!!!! Dont worry mom, I am one of the few people who is traveling with another volunteer. I am super pumped. I am going to visit a volunteer on the beach who works with kids and a school. Anyway Ill tell you guys about that later. Got to go. Bus will leave without me if I dont get to our meeting point in time.
Mucho Amor!

No comments:

Post a Comment